Friday, April 19, 2013

Children’s Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold

I recently received a free sample of Children’s Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold in return for my honest feedback.

It couldn't have arrived at a better time, since my two son’s (ages 8 and 12) both had just caught a cold and were miserable. Although my son’s had tried Children’s Mucinexin the past when they were congested and were pleased with the results we had not tried the Children’s Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold.

The first thing I did when receiving my sample was read the front of the box which listed the symptoms that Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold stated it could relieve, this included cough, stuffy nose, chest congestion and breaks up mucus. I was impressed by what the new Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold was able to relieve in one medication. In the past when I had given my children Children’s Mucinex I didn’t like that I had to also give them an additional medication to help relieve the remaining symptoms they were experiencing. In my opinion it was very smart for Children’s Mucinex to come up with one medication that would take care of all the most common cold symptoms.

As I had said earlier, we were very lucky to receive this sample of Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold when we did because both my children happened to have a cold at the time. I would like to also point out that my oldest son has chronic asthma his entire life which becomes inflamed when he becomes sick. If his chest congestion is not controlled during a cold it could ultimately turn into something much worse. I had read the directions on the back of the box and administered the correct amount of medication per child according to age and weight requirements as per the directions. Both of them disliked the taste and requested a drink immediately. From my past experiences with medications, the taste is normally a drawback that must be overlooked at times to insure we are able to have temporary relief from our current illness. Within 20 minutes they both had notice significant improvement of their cold symptoms. I was also impressed by the way they both looked and their increase in energy; my asthmatic sons chest didn’t sound as tight and was less wheezy. They were both feeling so satisfied with the results of  Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold that they requested it again later in the day when their symptoms had started to return. Due to the relief of their cold symptoms they both were able to get out of bed and move around breathing much easier than they previously were prior to taking the Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold. 

Ultimately my kids and I were impressed with the results of the new Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold. I will definitely purchase this in the future and feel confidant suggesting it to other parents. The relief my children were able to receive exceeded my expectations. I was also very impressed by the relief my asthmatic son was able to experience above and beyond the basic cold symptom relief. We never experienced asthmatic relief from an over the counter medication before, although it was not advertised to relieve asthmatic symptoms, the congestion and tightness were relieved enough to eliminate the wheezing temporarily. Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold can be purchased at your local drug or grocery store, the cost is approximately $7.99. Great product by Mucinex®!

Pros:
  • Relief of the symptoms listing if the box within 20 minutes
  • Was able to eliminate administering multiple medications because this one covered all of them
  • Was easy to administer and the directions were clear and easy to understand
  • Children were happy and were able to find symptom relief for hours
  • Alcohol free
Cons:
  • The taste was unpleasant
If you would like to find out more about Mucinex® Multi-Symptom Cold you can by clicking on the link below.

http://www.mucinex.com/childrens-mucinex/cold-liquid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seed Ranch Flavor Co. - Umami Seasoning

I received my sample of Umami Seasoning and we added about half the packet in our pot roast tonight. I wasn’t sure what to expect but we tes...