Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Nature's Best Vitamin C Serum

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

First, I would like to start by explaining what experience I have with skincare. Several years ago I was a Licensed Esthetician; although I am no longer licensed or practicing as an Esthetician, I do still have a lot of knowledge of skincare, skincare products, what ingredients to avoid and what ingredients are good for your skin, as well as what products and ingredients are good for specific skin concerns. Although I can no longer able to give professional advice since I am not licensed as an Esthetician, I can give you my personal opinion. Again, this is ONLY my personal OPINION and I am not saying in any way that I am an expert, you should ALWAYS consult a physician first and foremost.

Now that I’ve got that out of the way, I love Vitamin C and the benefits it gives to our skin. Vitamin C is something our skin needs and is extremely important in maintaining our skins natural glow and youthful appearance. When were young our skin is full of Vitamin C, but as we age our bodies Vitamin C diminishes and causes our skin to not be as youthful looking as it once was. There are other factors that can diminish our Vitamin C in our skin such as exposure to UV lights and pollutants (smoking, ozone, etc.) But we’re in luck since we can purchase Vitamin C in the form of a serum and use it to replenish the Vitamin C our skin loses and needs. 

Here are some of the benefits you will find with Vitamin C:

  • ·         Reduces Wrinkles: As we age our skins collagen production decreases which causes wrinkles; but Vitamin C counteracts wrinkles from forming by increasing your skins collagen production. 
  • ·         Treats Age Spots: Vitamin C works as an antioxidant which can reduce the sun-damaged cells and actually reverse age-related sun damaged skin. Vitamin C helps repair UV damage that causes fine lines and wrinkles!
  • ·         Acne: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and is known to reduce redness associated with acne and can clear up any scarring from acne as well.
  • ·         Young, Radiant Looking Skin: Since Vitamin C helps your skin produce collagen and is an antioxidant; it is known to get your skin a glowing, radiant, looking appearance. 
  • ·         Evens Skins Tone and Texture: Again, Vitamin C promotes collagen production; stable collagen levels of collagen will help ensure your skin tone and texture stay even.

Vitamin C Serums can be used in the morning during your normal facial routine, remember that although Vitamin C has sun-protecting properties you will always want to use sunscreen as well! Vitamin C Serums can be used after cleansing and before moisturizing. Vitamin C can rarely cause dryness and flaking, especially when used more than once per day. You can use a moisturizer to avoid this from happening. Another great thing about Vitamin C Serums is that they’re safe to use with your other skincare products.
According to an article from Dr. Oz (Click “Dr. Oz” to read more) on Vitamin C Serums; you can start to see results in as little as 2-4 weeks, for others it may take as long as 6-8 weeks, but around 6 months is when you will start to really see the maximum results. 

Now: My experience with the Mystelic Beauty “Nature’s Best Vitamin C Serum”: 
 
I haven’t been using it long enough to see any results as of yet being that you would need to wait several weeks after using it daily to see real results from ANY Vitamin C Serum (See “Results Time-frames” Below). However, I can give a review on what I have experienced with this product so far. 

First, if you read the Dr. Oz article I mentioned above, you will see that he says Vitamin C Serums work well when mixed with other antioxidants. Nature’s Best Vitamin C Serum not only has Vitamin C in it, it also has Vitamin E and Hyaluronic Acid. 

Let’s take a look at the two other ingredients in Nature’s Best Vitamin C Serum that I have mentioned: (Please note: I am only speaking of the main ingredients; this serum does have other ingredients beyond the three I have mentioned above.)

Vitamin E: Another great antioxidant! Unlike Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid, our bodies can’t produce Vitamin E and we must make sure we get this powerful antioxidant through our own means (diet, supplements, etc.) According to United HealthOne (click “United HealthOne” to read more) Vitamin E destroys free-radicals that can cause damage to our skin. Vitamin E can also speed up the healing process for scars and acne.

Hyaluronic Acid: According to Cleveland Clinic (click “Cleveland Clinic” to read more) this is used in Vitamin C Serums to help with effective penetration of the product. It is also used for its ability to “reverse” or stop aging. Our bodies already naturally produce Hyaluronic Acid, but as we age, and also other factors, can cause our bodies to destroy levels of Hyaluronic Acid over time. This product is frequently used to reduce wrinkles.

So what does this all tell me? Well, it tells me that a lot of thought went into putting all of these amazing ingredients into one serum by Nature’s Best!

From my experience so far with Nature's Best Vitamin C Serum, I love the way the serum feels on my skin! When applying this serum to my face I have noticed how silky and smooth it feels. Once the serum dries, my face feels firmer and tighter which makes my fine lines and wrinkles look smoother and less noticeable.

Recommendation: I would have to say based strictly on my experience so far with Nature’s Best Vitamin C Serum that I would recommend it. This recommendation is based off of the ingredients, my experience with the product so far, price, and packaging of the product. 

I will continue to update this post with my experiences, before and after pictures, as well as results, in the next few weeks or as soon as I start to see any changes.

If you would like to view this product on Amazon.com click HERE. 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seed Ranch Flavor Co. - Umami Seasoning

I received my sample of Umami Seasoning and we added about half the packet in our pot roast tonight. I wasn’t sure what to expect but we tes...